At A Healing Touch, I am always updating my skills so that you can get the best from your treatments as I feel that sometimes not just one treatment works so is always good to combine them. So I am taking myself on a lymphatic drainage massage course at the end of the month with gateway courses.
Lymphatic drainage what is it?
We have lymph nodes in the body and it works like blood flow by sourcing out the good and bad nutrients in our body so it can remove waste and toxins. It is important for the circulation system and the immune systems. With its clever process it stops harmful fluid from sitting on the tissues. So it does rely on us to eat the right things and have correct nutrients in the body and to exercise. Because it does not have its own pump like the heart that pumps blood around the body you have to keep active in order for the system to work and this is where lymphatic drainage massage can help too. So in a nutshell it is about fluid retention. Yoga can also help with the lymphatic’s and drinking lots of fluids.
Conditions that lymphatic drainage can help with
- Lymphedema- lymph means fluids around the tissue and edema means swelling.
- Pregnancy– Due to the feet ,hands or face swelling during pregnancy lymphatic drainage helps to push this fluid back to the heart, and it is very important to not receive massage until after the first 12 weeks. After this time there are less complication’s that can go wrong during the first few weeks of pregnancy.
- lymphadenectomy- Removal of the lymph nodes can help after surgery
- infections, such as glandular fever,
- lymphoma is where the cancer starts in the lymph nodes and is a good way of telling if the tumours has spread so is a biopsy..
- Fat removal and cellulite- Having lymphatic drainage massage helps remove waste and toxin from the body perfect way to kick-start any new diet and generally improve the skins conditions.
- Wrinkles- because you are dealing with the circulation it improves the skins condition.
- Helps with many more conditions.
- Improves Scar tissue from traumas to the body.
So where are the lymph nodes?
The lymph nodes are spread throughout the body and are commonly found in the abdomen, arms and legs the main nodes are under the clavicle to really get rid of toxins as this is nearest the heart. The whole idea in the treatment is to promote movement like any other massage treatment but the idea is for it to support the immune system and enable the fluid so it can be drained from the lymph nodes and the water has somewhere to go. It is very gentle form of massage always working towards the heart.
As a first time offer I am doing this treatment for only £15 offer ends December 2013 so book your treatment now and help me to learn whilst you benefit from manual lymphatic. Not available until July 2013.