So Myofascial Release – what is it? Myofascialrelease.com say it is a safe and very effective hands-on technique that involves applying gentle sustained pressure into the Myofascial connective tissue. By releasing any restrictions it can help to eliminate pain and restore motion.
What is Fascia? The fascia is a type of connective tissue that wraps most structures within the body, including muscle and its purposes is to support and protect these structures. It is thought that this soft tissue can become restricted due to trauma, overuse, inactivity or infection which leads to pain and tension.
What is the treatment? Each Myofascial Release massage (MRM) is performed directly on skin without oils or creams. This enables the therapist to accurately detect fascial restrictions and apply the appropriate amount of sustained pressure to facilitate release of the fascia.
What ailments can be helped by Myofasia Release?
- Back Pain.
- MRM is extremely helpful in reducing back pain by restoring the motion and flexibility of the entire spine by treating the front and back. It also looks at the pelvis which is considered to be the foundation of the spine.
- Bulging Disc.
- MRM decreases tightness in the tissues surrounding the spine to prevent further herniation and decrease pain and symptoms.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
- MRM decreases the tightness of the tissues in the chest, neck, and arms. Therefore this allows the nerves to glide easily and freely to eliminate symptoms.
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
- MRM decreases tightness and eliminates fascial tissue restrictions. This helps to eliminate pain, restore mobility, and eliminate exhaustion.
- Fibromyalgia .
- MRM decreases restrictions throughout the body to re-gain optimal flexibility and improve energy levels. This in turn can help to restore normal sleeping patterns and resolve pain.
- Headaches and migraines.
- MRM decreases tightness and restores mobility of the tissues surrounding the brain and spinal cord, restores optimal postural alignment as well as the alignment of the bones of the head to alleviate symptoms and prevent future occurrence of headaches and migraines.
Other ailments include herniated discs, menstrual problems, Myofascial Pain Syndrome, neck pain, Plantar Fascitis, Sciatica and more.
If you would like to discuss this treatment in more detail then send us an email to [email protected]